POST GRADUATE DEPARTMENT OF ZOOLOGY
Foster the all round development of the youth enabling them to adapt with the changing global environment
- To inculcate scientific attitude and temperament among the students.
- To create an awareness among students regarding the importance of resource management and conservation.
- To promote among the students a healthy attitude towards nature and its beings.
- To empower the students with the skills to enable them to conquer the world of zoology.
- B.Sc. Zoology with Zoology as main subject was the first Degree course offered by the college way back in the year 1991-1992 [Permanent affiliation No: GAI /D1/7330/93 DTD 05-04-01] with Chemistry and Botany as subsidiaries. But Zoology as a subject was not new to the college since it was a part of the syllabi in 1982 when Pre-Degree was offered.
- M Sc Zoology with Entomology as specialization was sanctioned in the academic year 2020-2021(Temporary Affiliation No. 1497/2021/Admn dtd. 04.02.2021)
- BSc ZOOLOGY
Common Course: English
Second Language (Malayalam/Hindi/Arabic)
Core Course: Zoology
Complementary Courses: Chemistry & Botany
- MSc ZOOLOGY
SEMESTER 1-Theory & Practicals
- Biochemistry & Cytogenetics
- Biophysics& Biostatistics
- Ecology & Ethology
- Molecular Biology
- Systematics and Evolution
SEMESTER III-Theory &Practicals
- Developmental Biology
- Entomology I (Morphology & Taxonomy)
SEMESTER 1V-Theory & Practicals
1.Biotechnology and Microbiology
2.Entomology II: Anatomy and Physiology
3.Entomology III: Agricultural, Medical&Forensic Entomology
The Department of zoology at present has 3 permanent faculties, 3 temporary faculties & 1 technical staff.
There are 2 permanent faculty and one temporary faculty to handle the complementary courses
|Sl. No:||NAME||DESIGNATION||EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION||TEACHING EXPERIENCE|
|1||Dr. Manjusha K. T.||Assistant Professor in Zoology and Head||M.Sc, B.Ed. NET/JRF, PhD||16 years|
|2||Dr. Jobiraj T||Assistant Professor in Zoology||M. Sc, B.Ed, NET, Ph.D||10 years|
|3||Dr. Umadevi K G||Assistant Professor in Zoology||M. Sc, B.Ed. Ph.D||10 years|
|4||Sri. Akhilesh T||Assistant Professor in Zoology (on contract)||M. Sc, B.Ed. NET||1year|
|5||Smt. Sruthi A||Assistant Professor in Zoology (on contract)||M. Sc, NET||–|
|5||Smt.Neethu Mohan T V||Assistant Professor in Zoology (on contract)||M. Sc, NET||1year|
|1||Smt. Suhaila T||Assistant Professor in Chemistry||M Sc, Bed, NET||11 years|
|2.||Smt. Rency. R C||Assistant Professor in Botany||M Sc, Bed, NET||15 years|
|3||O. M Hasna||Assistant Professor in Chemistry(on contact)||M Sc, Bed NET||8 months|
The sanctioned strength of students for UG course is 30 and for PG it is 10 even though a marginal increase is also sanctioned on the basis of the request given by the college. The students admitted for B Sc Zoology have completed their HSE/VHSE and those admitted for M Sc have completed their B Sc Zoology.
Most of the students are socioeconomically backward with 90% of students belonging to SC/ST/OBC.
Succession list of HOD’s
- Dr. Maya Mathew-1994
- Mr. Sethumadhavan .M .P. -1994
- Mr. Jacob. P.C.-1994
- Mr. Unni K. -1994
- Dr. Johnny Joseph-1994
- Mrs. Suma M.G.-1994
- Dr. Maya Mathew -1995
- Dr. Johnny Joseph -1995
- Mr. Sethumadhavan. M. P. -1995
- Dr. Johny Joseph-1997
- Mr. Balakrishnan Nair-1997-1998
- Dr. P. Balakrishanan Nair-1999
- Dr. P.G. Usha-1999
- Dr. Alphonsa Xavier-2002
- Dr. Johnny Joseph-2004
- Dr. P.G. Usha-2005-2006
- Dr. Manjusha K.T-2006 onwards