As per the action plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) for performance evaluation, accreditation and quality up gradation of higher education institutions, every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a permanent system of the institution that works towards realisation of the goals of quality enhancement and its maintenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall quality and performance of institutions. For this, during the post-accreditation period, IQAC will channelize all efforts and measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.
Due to the efforts of IQAC along with other stakeholders, Government College Kodanchery was accredited by NAAC in 2009 for the first cycle and is re-accredited in 2014. IQAC of the college always strive for the quality enhancement at all levels through the internalisation of a quality culture in the institution.
Objectives/Goals of IQAC
The primary aim of IQAC is
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
Strategies of IQAC
IQACof the institution evolved a mechanisms and procedures for;
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes;
Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society;
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning;
The credibility of evaluation procedures;
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services;
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution;
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
Composition of the IQAC of the college
The composition of the IQAC of Government College Kodanchery is as follows:
Chairperson : Dr.Y.C. IBRAHIM – PRINCIPAL IN CHARGE
Teacher Co-ordinator : Dr.A. MOHANDAS – ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR & HEAD OF COMMERCE
Assistant Co-ordinator: Dr.JUBAIR T — ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF COMMERCE
- Dr. M.V. SUMA — ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF ENGLISH
- DR. RAFEEK VH- HOD & ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF ECONOMICS
- Dr.MANJUSHA K.T — HOD & ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF ZOOLOGY
- Dr. KRISHNANKUTTY V. — ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF ECONOMICS
- MR.SHABEEB K. — HOD & ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF PHYSICS
- Dr..SHABEER K.P — ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF ECONOMICS
- Dr. ANOOJA.K — ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF COMMERCE
- Dr.JOBIRAJ T – ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF ZOOLOGY
- Ms.SUHAILA T — ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF CHEMISTRY
- Ms. YAMUNA T — ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF MALAYALAM
- Sri. Suhaili Farooq- Senior Superintendent
- Ms.Naseeba V-Clerk
Nominee from Local society
- Prof. KD Joseph
- Prof. Martin TD
- Paulson Arakkal
- College Union Chairman
- To be nominated for FY 2022-23
Dr. A. Mohandas
Associate Professor & Head of the Department of Commerce