CENTRAL LIBRARY & DIGITAL LIBRARY
GOVERNMENT COLLEGE KODANCHERY
Government College Kodanchery has a well maintained Central Library and Digital Resource Centre.
The mission of the library is to support and supplement learning, teaching and research programmes. The library has a collection of 25736 books, of which 1695 are reference books. Access to electronic journals and e-books are now also provided under NLIST programme. It has an area of 360 square meter with a seating capacity of 40 persons. The library has provisions for general reading, student’s reading space, P. G. section, journal
section, reference section and reprographic section. The general library is open from 9.30 am to 4. 30 pm on all working days. Library follows AACR II for cataloguing and books are classified and arranged as per Dewey decimal classification and computerized open access catalogue is available to locate the documents. All students provided with digital ID card which is at must the time of circulation process. Library provides wireless access facility through which library clientele can connect their laptops and access our e- resources as long as they like.
- The users should enter their membership number, name and the entry time in the gate register kept at the security counter while they enter inside the library. Similarly; when they leave the library the leaving time should be entered in the gate register.
- Silence must be observed inside the library and loud talking is prohibited in all parts of the library. As the library is the place of individual study and research, members should conduct themselves to maintain an atmosphere conducive to this.
- Use of mobile phone inside the library is not permitted.
- Photography/videography inside the library is prohibited normally, but special permission can be obtained.
- Books should be handled with care. Marking on books is most objectionable and may lead to cancellation of membership privileges.
- Our college Library is following Open Access System and hence the members have the privilege of direct access to book shelves in the Stack and Reference and Reading room.
- It is important that the classified arrangements of books according to the numbers, is maintained in the shelves for the convenience of the members themselves. A book could be freely taken out of the shelves, on no account should they be reshelf by the members
- Members utilizing the On-line Journals and Internet Browsing facilities, should enter the member number, name, login time and logout time in the register kept for this purpose in the respective section:
- For better use of the Library, members can approach the library staff.